Photoshop for Artists
Instructor: Steve Williamson
Date: Oct 13-14 (Friday - Sat)
Time: 9:30am - 4:30pm
Where: Sugar Land Art Center
Cost: $250 for 2 days
Don't let Photoshop scare you! We'll demystify this incredibly useful program and show you some fundamentals that you can use to make your artwork better.
In this two-day workshop, you'll learn...
- How to create amazing reference photos by manipulating color, background, and composition
- How to prepare photos of your artwork for your website, contest submission & printing
- How to re-size your image for use in painting and printing.
- How to use Photoshop tools to solve painting problems
- How to add, remove, and combine objects or people from a photo
- How to change backgrounds in your photos and much more!
Photoshop is a powerful tool for artists, but so many of us are either afraid to use it or have just never taken the time to learn. Step-by-step instructions and demonstrations will be given and students will have a chance to practice on their own computers using their newly acquired skills. Don’t let Photoshop scare you! Learn how to use it to help you produce better paintings! Workbook included!
Note: Please bring a laptop plus Photoshop software to class. We recommend Photoshop 2019 or higher, or Photoshop Elements 2019 or higher. (Upgrades are easy if your software needs updating). If you're not sure how to get started, reach out to us! We're happy to answer any questions about the class or software requirements. Just email us at: